Hospice Aide (CNA) - Home Care - Murfreesboro Home Team $2,000 Sign On Bonus
Hospice Aide (CNA), Home Care/Murfreesboro based - Full Time
Location: Murfreesboro, TN and surrounding areas
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Home Hospice Aide is a paraprofessional member of the hospice care team trained to provide personal care and other unskilled services in the patient's residential setting under the direction, instruction and supervision of a registered nurse. Performs various personal care services as necessary to the patient's needs and to promote the patient's comfort and assist in providing a safe patient environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the patient in the Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including personal care, hygiene, bathing, back rubs, shampoo, skin and nail care, shaving, eating, dressing, elimination, ambulation, transfers, changing and making the patient's bed. Light housekeeping to provide a clean and safe patient environment and meal preparation as directed by care plan.
- Provides emotional support to patient and caregivers.
- Assists in maintenance of a safe and clean patient environment. Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Takes and records accurate patient vital signs when advised to do so.
- Informs RN or Clinical Coordinator of changes in patients condition.
- Documents activities and observations and submits appropriate legible documentation as required by agency procedures.
- Follows the care plan as developed by the RN.
- Is available by agency cell phone from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. on scheduled work days.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED. Minimum of one year direct patient care experience preferably in home care. Professional maturity and ability to respond calmly and effectively in stressful situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to drive an automobile. Also required to lift, transfer, turn and provide physical care for terminally ill patients.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Tennessee CNA Certificate and if required to drive to carry out the duties of this position
Current driver's license and automobile insurance as required by Tennessee State Law.