The Development Director will be expected to demonstrate thorough knowledge and experience in nonprofit fundraising and development providing support for the annual budget. The candidate must possess the ability to develop and implement a successful Fundraising Plan. Responsibilities include assisting the Executive Director in developing and maintaining strong community relations and support.
The Development Director must have exemplary professional skills, analytical capabilities and strong work ethics. The position requires a high level of organization, flexibility, maturity, problem solving and an ability to prioritize tasks independently and proactively. The candidate will possess an energetic enthusiasm, positive attitude, courteous, gracious, sensitivity and ability to foster positive relationships. Strong communication and written skills are required along with public speaking skills.
The Development Director candidate will have a strong knowledge of financial, development and grant making practices and be able to:
· Research, design and execute the organization’s fundraising campaigns and special events from beginning to end, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes.
· Evaluate, track and report on the organization’s fundraising campaigns and special events, making recommendations.
· Design and execute a robust Donor Recruitment and Retention Plan.
· Evaluate and report on all outcomes related to the organization’s fundraising campaign.
· Prepare the annual fundraising plan budget.
· Be current on all legislation, ethical practices and trends pertaining to fundraising and identify opportunities. Make recommendations to the Executive Director.
· Be responsible for branding, including assisting with developing marketing and public relations materials.
· Maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
· Demonstrate strong project management skills; initiate action for project completion and maintaining commitments.
· Identify ways to streamline and improve personal efficiency.
· Embrace and promote the organizational culture and mission, including committing to yearly professional development requirements.
· Understand, apply and promote the mission of our organization to all stakeholders and projects.
· Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Power Point and the willingness to learn additional applications including fundraising software. Set clear priorities and focus appropriate time and energy on meeting goals and deadlines.
Education, Training and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Nonprofit Fundraising, Development, Management, Business Administration or other related field, plus experience in grant writing, development and public relations.
· Requires regulatory clearances, health assessment and TB test.
· Willingness to work flexible hours that may include evenings and/or weekends.
· A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the lives of children and parents
· A supportive environment which values developmentally appropriate and strength based reflective practice
· Childcare discounts for employee children (ages 0-5)
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program and Life Insurance
· Generous PTO package including Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holidays
· Free meals/parking
· Experience, Education and Training Opportunities