Water/Wastewater Construction Manager/Construction Inspector (CM/CI)G. Stephens, Inc.
G Stephens Inc is currently seeking a seasoned Water/Wastewater/Construction Manager/Construction Inspector to provide construction management and inspection of water/wastewater and heavy highway projects in Western PA.
G Stephens, Inc. (GSI) is a full-service Construction Management firm that provides services to clients throughout the States of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. We are seeking experienced individuals to join our diverse team to help bring our clients’ visions to life. We value open communication when delivering flexible solutions and we strive for quality by treating each project as our own.
GSI offers competitive compensation for this seasonal position.
Our ideal candidate must understand all facets of construction, as well as the technical aspects of contract bidding and estimates.
Principal Duties of the CM/CI:
- Serves as on-site manager and/or inspector for the construction division, reviewing and monitoring the method of operation in performance of job tasks, equipment, and method of construction.
- Monitors project cost and schedule using various electronic methods.
- Identifies areas of possible problems, offers alternative ways of resolving problem.
- Reviews and maintains awareness of code and safety requirements.
- Reviews Contractors’ pay requests.
- Reviews drawings and specifications for compliance by Contractors.
- Provides project reports as required.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of all project activities and specific problems, which may arise.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities of the CM/CI:
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures as applied to the construction industry.
- Knowledge of general construction acceptable practices and standards.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret construction drawings, shop drawings, and specifications.
- Ability to proofread technical materials and recognize errors.
- Ability to write reports using MS Excel and Word
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Ability to establish a positive working environment on job sites.
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute work.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise judgment in making independent decisions.
Requirements for the CM/CI:
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Technology or related discipline or NICET certification
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in civil, Wastewater / water, transportation, highway or bridge construction inspection. 10 years preferred
- ODOT or PENNDOT certification
G Stephens Inc. (GSI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or family medical history. GSI promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
GSI requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check & drug test.