Deputy Director of Public WorksHempfield Township
Deputy Director of Public Works
Hempfield Township, Westmoreland County, seeks qualified applicants for the full-time position of Deputy Director of Public Works. This position is responsible to assist in the day-to-day operations of Public Works; specifically, in the areas of traffic management, grants, fleet management, budget, and general administration.
A Bachelor's Degree in a related public works discipline is preferred or at least five (5) years of experience in a leadership position in the various disciplines of public works including road, project management, construction, and/or fleet management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Deputy Director of Public Works position duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Assist the Director of Public Works in the administering of the daily operation of the Public Works Department and including preparing the daily work crew and equipment assignments for all routine or emergency or improvement projects for all Township owned roads, bridges, drainage systems, infrastructure, facilities and buildings.
2. Maintain detailed equipment, physical property, and material inventory as may be needed for project management and equipment maintenance, purchase or leasing.
3. Order and maintain an inventory of any parts, supplies, or materials utilized by the Public Works Department.
4. Meet with Township residents, property owners, contractors working within the Township, Township Engineers, and utility representatives as needed to coordinate all work within any Township right of way or on any Township property.
5. Manage the Traffic Management Program within the Department.