The Mount Pleasant Area School District is now accepting applications for a full-time Maintenance employee.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrate experience or competence in mechanical and electrical systems, HVAC, plumbing systems, buildings and grounds, and preventive maintenance.
- Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds
- To perform maintenance and repairs as needed to the electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems.
- To perform general repairs to building components and contents.
- To interact and maintain good communication with supervisors, principals, teachers and staff.
- Perform layout, installation and repairs on a variety of high and low-voltage electrical equipment and wiring.
- Complete repairs on HVAC systems, including pumps, pneumatic controls, DDC controls and hot water boilers.
- Complete repairs on plumbing systems includes boilers, pumps, piping and fixtures.
- Assist in snow removal during winter months.
- Frequently travel to school district buildings.
- Frequently walk through various buildings.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Frequently use ladders, scaffolds and mechanical lifts for gaining access.
- Lift from 50-100 lbs.
- Carry up to 100 lbs.
- Manual dexterity to use tools and power equipment.
- Repetitive movement of fingers and hands.
- Visual acuity to read maintenance manuals and associated literature.
- Auditory acuity to be able to work around mechanical equipment.
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly.
- Indoor/Outdoor all seasons, including inclement weather.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Must be courteous, cooperative, congenial and service-oriented.
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and make work-related decisions.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment.
- Ability to operate power tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and O&M manuals.
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.