The position of Auditor is currently available with the North Carolina Real Estate Commission in Raleigh. A summary and employment schedule are outlined below.
EMPLOYER: North Carolina Real Estate Commission, a North Carolina state agency responsible for the licensing
and regulation of North Carolina real estate brokers and time share projects.
Salary $59,501 - $71,401 (depending on experience)
- Audits and inspects real estate brokerage trust account records on a state-wide basis whenever
the Real Estate Commission determines that such records are pertinent to the investigation of a
specific complaint against a real estate broker or registered time share project.
- Conducts random audits of real estate trust accounts to determine compliance with the Real Estate
License Law and Commission rules.
- Investigates financial fraud (including loan fraud), consumer complaints against licensees involving
misrepresentations, loan fraud, mishandling of client funds, and other improper acts in connection
with real estate sales and leasing transactions.
- Writes reports for review by the Director of Regulatory Affairs or designee regarding results of
- Testifies before the North Carolina Real Estate Commission on investigative findings.
Assists in instructing courses and conducting workshops, clinics, seminars, conferences and other
education and information programs relating to the real estate brokerage business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business Administration and two years of related experience; or
a Bachelor degree in any field and certification/licensure as a certified public accountant, certified
internal auditor, certified fraud examiner, certified information system auditor or related
certification or licensure and two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Possession of a valid North Carolina Driver’s License. Must be able to travel statewide overnight
on occasion. Some travel out of state, including air and overnight travel, may be required.
Licensure as a real estate broker within six (6) months of employment. Must reside in or relocate
to the Raleigh area.
Application Deadline is October 11, 2021 EOE
Click to apply today!