Working Shop Supervisor (2nd Shift)Penn Machine Company
Working Shop Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Penn Machine Company, a Marmon/Berkshire Hathaway Company, is a leading manufacturer of products and services for the transit, railroad, and mining industries. We have an employment opportunity available at our Blairsville, PA location for a 2nd Shift Working Shop Supervisor. Primary Responsibilities include supervising and directing production employees, managing personnel, material, and labor requirements, directing and completing teardown, inspection, requalification, and testing of parts and products, packaging finished goods for shipment, safety, training employees, and reporting to management.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Supervisory leadership experience.
- Associates degree, preferably engineering discipline with 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma experience.
- Background in inspection preferred.
- Experience training employees, including but not limited to, OSHA safety and procedures.
- Mathematical skills; ability to read & understand manuals and engineering drawings, advanced communication skills to effectively communicate matters of detail with top management, make formal presentations, etc.
- Experience with various computer software and perform data entry.
- Strong understanding of mechanical principles and ability to disassemble and assemble mechanical components.
Competitive wage and benefits are offered, including 2nd shift premium, medical, dental, vision, 401k with match and discretionary contribution, vacation, personal time, disability and life insurances. This is an excellent opportunity in a growth industry with a proven 99 year old company.
Equal Opportunity Employer