Entry Level Police Officer
Plum Borough employment opportunity-Entry Level Police Officer.
The Plum Borough Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of entry level patrolman. The department intends to hire as many as five officers from this eligibility list due to retirements, promotions, and military commitments.
Plum Borough is located in Western Pennsylvania in Allegheny County. Plum is the largest borough within the county and the second largest in the state of Pennsylvania. Plum has a population of 30,000 residents and is experiencing significant growth. The Borough also recently broke ground on a new $20 million dollar plus municipal building complex that will house the police department, borough offices and a civic center and fitness facility. The complex is scheduled to be completed by June of 2022.
Borough officers enjoy a great benefits package and an excellent salary. In 2020, the average salary for a patrolman ranged from $106,000 to $108,000. The department currently consists of 27 full time officers including the Chief of Police, Assistant Chief of Police, 6 Patrol Sergeants, 2 Detectives, 1 traffic safety officer and 16 patrol officers., 2021. The written exam is scheduled for July 17, 2021 at 0900 hours at the Plum High School. The physical agility test is scheduled for August 17, 2021 at 0900 hours at the Allegheny County Police Academy in North Park.
The following requirements shall apply to all applicants:
1. Applicants must be a citizen of the United States.
2. Applicants must be 21 years of age at time of application.
3. Applicants shall possess a diploma from ana accredited high school or graduate equivalency diploma (G.E.D.)
4. Applicants shall be physically and mentally fit to perform the full duties of a municipal police officer.
5. Applicants shall possess a valid drivers license.
6. Applicants must possess valid Act 120 certification from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission (MPOETC), or the ability to receive certification by MPOETC by December 31, 2021. Out-of-state officers who have completed their police academy training outside of Pennsylvania must be eligible for a waiver of training from MPOETC by December 31, 2021.
Plum Borough is an Equal Opportunity Employer.