PRN/FT | Occupational Health Nurse/RN/LPN
Occupational Health Nurse/Registered Nurse, RN/LPN – ProgressiveHealth of Indiana, LLC – Newburgh, IN
We are looking for an energetic and results-driven Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to provide support for on-site occupational health services at a large manufacturing facility in Newburgh, IN. This is a wonderful opportunity to expand knowledge and experience in an industrial setting. Our RN will assist in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Occupational Health Nurse Manager and Providers in compliance with state practice acts and regulations.
- This position will provide day and night shift coverage for our 24/7 operations.
- FT & PRN opportunities available!
- Come be a part of a growing organization in a progressive, supportive, and innovative team!
What will you be doing in this role?
- Providing treatment as appropriate to employees for both work and non-work-related injuries or illnesses
- Give injections or treatments as ordered or per protocol within the clinic
- Operating electrocardiograph (EKG), spirometry, audiometry, and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Performing routine laboratory tests and collecting specimens for routine laboratory tests
- Includes finger sticks, urinalysis, and biological monitoring
- Thoroughly entering documents into electronic medical records to maintain clinic and patient records
- Facilitating prompt referrals for insurance/benefit/workers compensation policies and procedures to specialty medical providers as may be necessary
- Contacting local physicians regarding medical illnesses and treatments which impact employee work status and job safety
- Discussing medical cases/clinical problems per telephone, fax, or e-mail with client’s medical and safety personnel
- Interacting with ancillary medical providers in the community who serve the client in various capacities (e.g. physical therapy, occupational rehabilitation, fitness/trainers, etc.).
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or equivalent for a Registered Nurse
- The required state licensure, certification, and registration that is in good standing with the state or the ability to obtain the required state licensure
- CPR/AED/BLS (basic life support) certification or the ability to obtain it prior to start of employment; maintain and provide proof of current certification(s)
- Greater than one-year work experience, specifically in an occupational health setting
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- The ability to stand, walk, and sit throughout entire assigned shift
- A high degree of professionalism in both written and verbal communication
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment, without constant supervision
- Be able to maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
What you get from us:
- Opportunity for important work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
ProgressiveHealth is the premier provider of a broad spectrum of occupational and non-occupational health services including on-site medical, injury prevention, health improvement, and rehabilitation management solutions and more! We are dedicated to delivering superior care and improving both patient and client outcomes. With nearly 1,000 employees supporting operations across the United States and in Canada, ProgressiveHealth has been growing our footprint since 1995. Our team is experienced and focused to get the job done right!
An Equal Opportunity Employer