Maintenance - GroundskeeperSeton Hill University
Maintenance - Groundskeeper
Seton Hill University has a full-time opening in the maintenance department for a Groundskeeper. The purpose of this position is to maintain all Seton Hill University, grounds, roads, sidewalks and parking areas on and off campus A high school diploma, a valid driver's license and the ability to operate maintenance equipment (i.e. tractor, 2-ton dump truck, turf vacuum, etc.) is required. Applicants must have at least one year of professional landscaping/groundskeeping experience. The incumbent will be responsible for obtaining (at their own expense) A Category 7 (lawns and turf) Applicators License within one year of service. Due to the nature of the position incumbents must sustain extreme temperatures, be able to walk, bend and lift daily. This position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance and Grounds.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate power and hand equipment to maintain all SHU, grounds, roads, sidewalks, and parking lots on and off campus.
- Operate truck equipped snowplow, snow blower and tractors to remove snow from roads, sidewalks, and parking areas in preparation for chemical treatment.
- Remove leaves, debris, litter, branches, small trees, and trimmings for campus grounds.
- Transport bulk mail, furniture, equipment and supplies to the appropriate destination.
- Other duties as assigned.
Seton Hill University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to having a faculty, staff and student body that reflects the diversity of our global population. AA/EOE