Elementary Classroom Teacher
South Fayette Twp. School District is seeking a Elementary Classroom Teacher
-To create a flexible elementary grade program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth
-To establish effective rapport with the students
-To motivate pupils to develop skills and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for elementary school education, in accordance with each pupils ability
-To establish good relationships with parents and with other staff members
1. Valid Pennsylvania teaching certificate
2. Elementary Education Certification (Early Childhood N-3, Elementary K-6, Grades Pre-Kindergarten-4
3. 3.0 or higher QPA
4. Proof of ongoing professional or educational experience
5. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
6. Computer literacy
1. Teaches the assigned academic subject(s) to pupils in a classroom, using the approved course of study adopted by the South Fayette Township School District.
2. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
3. Develops lesson plans and instructional materials which provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
4. Fosters an inquiry-based approach to learning through project-based, real-world tasks.
5. Promotes the integration of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) concepts through experiential learning opportunities.
6. Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
7. Collaborates with peers to write curricular units using the Understanding by Design framework and participates in associated training and professional development.
8. Utilizes multiple instructional technologies to engage students and enhance instructional practices for students.
9. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional, safe learning atmosphere in the classroom.
10. Evaluates pupils academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
11. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupils progress and interpret the school program.
12. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
13. Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
14. Maintains professional competence through staff development provided by the district and incorporates the techniques into everyday instruction.
15. Maintains professional competences through self-selected professional growth activities.
16. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
17. Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
18. Administers group standardized tests in accordance with district and state testing procedures.
19. Utilizes data to make instructional decisions.
20. Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
21. Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Terms of employment are in accordance with the agreement between the South Fayette Township Board of Education and the South Fayette Education Association.
Internal and External Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. on March 6, 2023