Confidential Administrative Assistant
The Southmoreland School District is seeking to fill a Confidential Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent and School Board/HR Specialist position. This 12-month position will report directly to the Superintendent and will have varied responsibilities to support the School Board and HR systems. This position manages the daily operations of the Central Office to support the fulfillment of his/her assignment; maintains thorough knowledge of the organization to provide administrative and operational support to the Administrative Team; exercises good judgment in handling inquiries and requests with diplomacy and tact in accordance with established policies, precedents and practices; serves as Secretary to the Southmoreland School District Board of Directors; serves in a position of trust, assistance and support, ensuring the highest degree of confidentiality in all matters.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
2. Efficient in the usage of computers.
3. Efficient in the usage of Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Efficient in the usage of Google Docs.
5. Familiar with CSIU for creation of purchase orders.
6. Familiar with the usage of CSIU Data Management system.
7. Familiar with E School Book.
8. Familiar with the usage of general office equipment.
9. Must have valid Act 34 (Criminal Record Check), Act 151 (Child Abuse History Check) and FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) Criminal History Check.
10. Must have a valid PA driver's license.
11. Strong knowledge of labor legislation and payroll processes.
12. Serve as District Notary Public (District will cover this expense)