Water Treatment Plant OperatorTarentum Borough
Water Treatment Plant Operator
Tarentum Borough, Allegheny County, PA is accepting applications for the position of Water Treatment Plant Operator. Position entails the operation of a Water Treatment Facility. The preferred candidate must possess DEP Water Operator Certification or obtain the appropriate certification within one (1) year of hire.
- Duties include operation and maintenance of a water treatment facility and compliance with regulations; process control; daily operations and maintenance experience.
- Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Successful candidates will possess an understanding of chemical and biological processes; proficient in troubleshooting; have demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and make sound recommendations; and experience with equipment maintenance and permit requirements.
- Candidates must be professional, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be team oriented, and flexible to the changing needs of the organization.
- Employee must be able to work weekends, holidays and emergency call-outs.
- Water Treatment Plant Operator requires a background check and drug testing.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Full-time position with benefits.