The Tribune-Review/TribLIVE.com is seeking a seasoned, full-time Reporter to join our team of award-winning journalists in our Tarentum newsroom. The successful candidate will be a curious and aggressive reporter who thoughtfully analyzes complex issues and produces watchdog journalism that leads to change.
We are looking for an ambitious reporter who is adept at using digital reporting tools and is knowledgeable about accessing public records. The candidate should be a self-starter with excellent news judgment and the ability to report on multiple coverage areas, from education and health care to state and local government. The reporter should feel at ease covering a press conference or interviewing state and national political figures and business leaders.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Pitch and produce a variety of content ranging from breaking news to long-term, in-depth enterprise stories.
- Develop sources to help break news and add depth to coverage.
- Engage with readers on social media platforms and use digital tools to identify story leads and sources.
- Utilize data skills and data resources to bring depth and clarity to the content produced.
- Work closely with colleagues to coordinate graphics, photos, and videos.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field.
- 3- 5 years of daily journalism experience.
- Experience in watchdog and accountability journalism.
- Ability to write clearly and accurately on multiple platforms and on deadlines.
- Strong command of grammar and AP style.
- Experience with investigative reporting methods including filing public records requests and searching databases.
- A competitive nature, collaborative spirit and passion for news.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision, as well as 401(k) w/company match, life insurance, short-term disability, and paid time off.
Interested candidates can apply at https://tribtotalmedia.com/jobs/
Trib Total Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.